Our Fam

Our Fam

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

What happened to the plan?

How is Wednesday treating everyone? We're trudging along over here. :) I am a planner and I kept trying to plan out my day. The problem was, I kept changing my mind! This means I ran out of time to get that much accomplished. First the focus was the gym then I started second guessing myself as to when to go because of Ava's nap. Then I decided I'd hit the commissary because Ava would sleep in the bjorn while I shopped. That sounded good until I briefly forgot that I needed to buy Dylan pull-ups today (he only uses them when he sleeps) and started planning for the gym again. Ava started showing signs of getting tired so then I was going to stay home so I threw a load of laundry in. Then...I remember Dylan's pull-ups. Yikes!!! I have to go to the store! So after spending an hour going back and forth, we're off to the store. My most exciting purchase of the day was free razors and refill blades! They weren't even disposable razors! There was a coupon online recently for $5 off and the commissary had them on sale for $5. SCORE!!!

I don't know why it won't turn!
Ava let me take a quick shower as she sat screaming at the shower. At that point I remembered I needed to run to Joann's for some tulle. I swear my brain hasn't been holding information very well lately.  The kiddos are getting pictures taken on Friday and I decided that Ava would look cute in a tutu. Anyway, by the time we get there Ava is asleep. The carrier is so heavy, but my plan is to run in real quick and I don't want to wake her. So...I carry her in the carrier. Two ladies walk in right before me and take the last free cart! Now if they hadn't see me hefting Ava, I wouldn't mind so much, but they looked right at me! I had to go inside and find someone who worked there to help me move the motorized scooter out of the way. Throughout all of that, Ava was still asleep. Whew! Now I have 15-20 min. max to get the tulle before having to pick up Dylan from school. I think everyone decided to get fabric cut at that exact same time! I had to leave my stuff on the counter without getting anything. :( I do realize that if I had planned a bit better, I would have given myself more time and probably had been able to start the project. Oh well. I tried to talk Dylan into going back after school, but his reply, "Do that later Mommy!"

Dylan gets 30 min. of playtime before nap and I thought this was so funny. Ava wants to play with him so badly, but he doesn't want her to touch anything!



Throughout the day and during naptime, I have been "sampling" the cookie dough I made yesterday. I think I've eaten more dough than anything else today! Thankfully when Dylan got up he asked to finish the cookies!


This is mixing it up yesterday

Can you guess who placed the dough?


Yummy!
Now the kiddos are playing together, the house smells like snickerdoodles and I'm drinking my 2nd cup of coffee.


Not bad for a day of running around!

1 comment:

  1. You're going to have to give me that snickerdoodle recipe! ;)

    ReplyDelete