Our Fam

Our Fam

Monday, September 12, 2011

Quick trip to San Diego

We were the weekend warriors last weekend. When Randy got home from work (5:30pm) we jumped in the car, grabbed Wendy's for dinner (because it was next to the freeway) and headed to San Diego. Pulling into my parents' driveway just after 11pm, you'd think the sun had just set if you looked at the energy of my kids. They were ready to see Grammy and Pa!

The purpose of our trip was to attend a wedding of a friend I've known for 20 years! I was so excited for the wedding and that my friend had found his match. I was excited to meet her for the first time since his Navy life and ours hadn't crossed paths lately. I was excited to have a night out with Randy where I got to dress up, wear heels (well, most of the night) and drink wine. Lastly, I was excited to spend the night with old friends that I truely enjoy. I don't have pics yet...but I will. :) To top the night off...my mom got up with Ava for her 3am feeding so I could sleep! Now eventhough I did sleep a solid 7 hours that night, I still don't feel rested. I think I need at least a week of 10hr a night sleeps to catch up with my tiredness. :)

The sun was a little bright in this picture. :)

While we were having fun at the wedding, Dylan and Ava were having fun with Grammy and Pa. I don't have any pics of Ava because my mom was taking pictures with one hand and holding Ava with the other. :)


Now that we're back to the daily grind, it's going to take at least a week to get us back on track. We started with doctor appointments this morning followed by the commissary and long naps! We have two playdates on the books and I have to get to the gym. We'll make it work. We always do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment