Our Fam

Our Fam

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Let's get started...

When talking about stay-at-home moms, have you ever heard a phrase saying that these women are at home eating bon bons? Well, I can tell you that my life as a stay-at-home mom (SAHM) is hardly as calm and uneventful as eating ice cream. Not to say that eating ice cream isn't enjoyable, it is my favorite food, but I'm lucky if I can eat anything in one sitting without something happening around here. I am a mother of two wonderful kiddos! Dylan is my spitfire that is always on the go. He never stops unless he is sleeping! Being 2 1/2 years old, we do have the typical flair ups that include him rolling around on the ground complaining of all the injustice in the house. :) But, after it all he is quite loveable. Ava is 6 months old and I can already see that her energy is bursting at the seams with each new skill she masters. She is smiley and more easy going than her brother. I'm looking forward to when she has mastered the art of sleeping through the night. For this reason, my Keurig, is one of my favorite items in the kitchen. Let's not forget the other half of the parenting pair, the hubby Randy. He is an officer in the Navy which is a major factor of why I am lucky to be able to stay at home with the kids. I loved teaching little ones, but now I get to focus on my little ones without having to worry about alarm clocks, daycare and especially lesson plans. :)

Each week I find myself focused on four main things...the kiddos (of course), working out (I have to find my pre-mommy body again), couponing (my new obsession) and being crafty.  So I created this blog to share all the antics that occur in this house as well how I stay sane as a mommy, a wife and an overall active chica. I have active children because they are just like their mom. :) I look forward to posting my successes, challenges and discoveries as a SAHM.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! Looking forward to reading about all of your adventures! :-)
    Sorry about the deleted comment I am trying to do this from my phone and am having issues. I also forgot I had created a blog about our whole home building nightmare so my display name was set to something generic lol.

    ReplyDelete