Our Fam

Our Fam

Monday, September 19, 2011

The Day is Flying By!

This day is flying by!! I don't know...maybe it's because I started the day with a shower (this never happens) or maybe because all of my daily errands are done or maybe because my kiddos have been so much fun today. I'll take all of the above! Ava is like clockwork with her sleeping, which makes things really easy. She's up at 7:30am, napping between 9/9:30am then back down when Dylan naps. This has only been happening the last couple of weeks and I'm afraid if I get too comfortable, she's going to switch it up. :)

We hit two stores between naps today. I had $10 in extra bucks expiring tomorrow at CVS so I had to go spend it. :) With coupons and sales, I got 3 Nivea body washes and a case of water for $6 not to mention the $5 in extra bucks given back to me. We're low on water so I may go get 2 more cases for free. :) So that's actually 3 body washes and 3 cases of water for $6! We then headed to Albertsons for a list of items. The checker was having issues so I do have to go back for a price adjustment. I usually check my receipt before leaving, but I wanted to get home and get the kids into naps...so I forgot to check. Ooops! Needless to say, I did score $49 of groceries for $15. Not too shabby!

I think it is fun going out with the kids. Dylan LOVES doing errands and 99% of the time he is well behaved! I've now jinxed myself. ;) Anyway, today he decided he wanted to "skate" all around the store. This means he does this side step thing and says, "skate, skate, skate" as he is moving. It's pretty funny. We're working on stopping at the end of the aisle to check for traffic. Ava rides in the bjorn as happy as can be. We got lots of compliments on her huge bow! Thanks...I made it! :)




Now it's sleepy time...




followed by a fun playdate with our friends Katie, Neil and Colin. Dylan has been talking about it since yesterday. He even told the checker and bagger at the grocery store. :)

One thing I'm really looking forward to tonight is...


All the promo pics were so cheesy!
 I love this show! It's even more fun to watch since I used to live there.

So...it'll be a day of deals, friends, happy kiddos and a favorite show. Not a bad way to start the week!

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of your bargain shopping skills!

    I try not to go to the store with both kids...you're brave. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've found that Dylan does better when we get out of the house. Because it is so hot here, we can't always go play outside...so the errands are a way to get him out. :)

    ReplyDelete