Our Fam

Our Fam

Monday, September 26, 2011

Little Successes

The last couple of days have had a common theme. I plan one thing and it seems to go in a different direction. For this reason, I'm focusing on the little successes of the day.

Everyone woke up in a great mood! Woohoo!

Such a happy girl!
I had my coffee when I first got up. Woohoo!

It's free when you buy Scott's flip flops!
I had decided this morning that I was going to take both kids to Child Watch at the gym to start the week off postive. I talked up Child Watch to Dylan since he hadn't been in almost a year. He was pretty excited to play with all of the toys. I was impressed with myself, I gotta say, we all were dressed, fed and at the gym by 8:30am. Woohoo! That is HUGE! So I'm checking the kiddos in and Dylan's eyes start filling with tears. Oh no...the enthusiasm is gone and is being replaced with anxiety. So I'm using my excited mommy voice to tell Dylan how much fun he is going to have. When I left he was sitting next to Ava not looking so happy.

My intention was to try the Zumba class. I haven't tried Zumba before. When I peeked in, the class wasn't full and it wasn't really my age group. So...I decided to head to the machines instead. I ran into a friend and chatted way to long. I should have jumped on the bike next to her so I could talk and sweat. So...by the time I get on the treadmill, I feel like I need to make up for lost time. About 15min into the run, here comes the lady in the purple shirt. Oh no!! Which one is it...Ava or Dylan?! Ava needs a diaper change. So now I'm thinking, I haven't been working out for very long, but I don't know if Dylan is going to let me take off again. He was fine when I walked in and Ava was screaming. While I'm taking care of her business Dylan is telling me he wants to go home...he's done playing. So as I'm doing my mommy thing, I'm working through how I want to handle this. I decide that I'm waving the white flag. Ava wants to nap and if I make Dylan stay longer he may never want to come back again. So, I burned 200 calories at the gym. I decide that my success wasn't the workout today, it's was getting both kiddos there early.

In an attempt to keep up the sweat, Dylan and I turn on the Wii for a little boxing. It was an ok workout at this point. It think I was mentally done. Oh well, Dylan had a good time so all is good.


We head off to our fun playdate a little late, but hey...we're going!! We had such a great time and Dylan worked out all sorts of energy.


He was even using a pick! A future musician!

"No picture Mommy! Later!"

Ava's buddy Ethan

Her new favorite sound/talent...raspberries!


On the way home Dylan and I sang every kid song I could think of so he wouldn't fall asleep. Score! We get home and he is still awake!

Last but not least, both kiddos are now sleeping and went down without a fight.

So...this morning may have been a bit hectic and different than I planned, but it was good.  I think Dylan forgot all about his trauma this morning after seeing his friends this afternoon.  Next up...how will the 2 yr old wake up? I'm hoping with a smile. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your posts! It reminds me so much of when my kids were your kids' ages...only you're handling it much better than I did. I think I had mental breakdowns daily. :) Haha! I totally wish we lived closer to one another...again!

    ReplyDelete