Our Fam

Our Fam

Thursday, September 15, 2011

"I didn't even have to use my AK...today was a good day."

I decided that today was going to be different from yesterday. I woke up determined to have a fun day. Dylan was wonderful when he got up this morning. He was funny and full of kisses. Whew! Ava woke up a little earlier than normal and she was a little clingy, but I can handle that. She's always cute!

We got to Dylan's school and he did this strut inside like he owned the place. :) His walk makes me chuckle every morning. He walks into his classroom with this unspoken, "I'm here! Let's start having fun!" Now what to do until 1pm? Instead of trying to squeeze in the gym before Ava's morning nap and risk a repeat of yesterday, I decided to take it easy and put her down in her crib today. Well...that worked so well she slept 2.5 hours! So as I'm sitting in my gym clothes sure that I'll be at the gym by 11am, it became clear that it was a home workout this morning. I took out the Wii and got my sweat on.

Next time I'm going to wear my watch to see how many calories I burn during this workout. I felt great!
I wish I could say I got so much done around the house during nap time, but nope. I did prep dinner though. :)

Dylan came home is such a fantastic mood. (No sarcasm this time. :) ) I wish I could clone this Dylan every afternoon. We got to talk about school on the way home and we were joking around. Love him! I tried to get a cute picture of him before nap, but he wasn't going for it. This is what I got...

He was sitting on the arm of the chair holding the ball. I turned for 2 seconds and he disappeared. I tried to fake the picture, but then he asked to look at it. :)

While both kiddos were napping (yay!) I was able to finish the movie, The Switch, I started two days ago. It was ok. I think Jennifer Aniston and Jason Bateman are funny so I thought it would be better.


The last half of the day was so nice! Dylan woke up and wanted to cuddle on the couch while we watched Cars. Awwww! Well, he only sat for the first 15 min. or so. :)

He then helped me pick out ribbon for a few bows...time to get my creative side out. Well maybe "help" isn't the word. :) He then focused on playing with his cars and making a city.
Then we heard the doorbell...is it my makeup? Yes!!! I got all this for $15 from Smashbox!


By the end of the day I felt like we had all these small successes that made for a good day! Whoop Whoop!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for good days. :) When Caleb was under a year, I used to do my cardio at the gym, then would do a Jillian Michaels or Biggest Loser dvd. I had to workout this way for 6+ months. :)

    ReplyDelete