Our Fam

Our Fam

Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Weekend is Almost Over

The weekend is almost over and I look around at my floor scattered with toys thinking, "What did we do?" Sometimes those kinds of weekends are the best. We did in fact accomplish a few things. I took a great savings trip to the grocery store, we reorganized the garage and caught up on our dvr shows. I think my favorite though, was getting Dylan's hair cut. His hair looked sooo overgrown that I encouraged him to wear a hat! :) He wouldn't let me touch it with clippers or with hair goop to style it. I've been talking up a haircut for awhile now telling him how I love getting mine cut and that he would get a sucker a the end. I even told him that I would take him for frozen yogurt afterwards for being so brave. I think the sucker was the actual clincher. He told me he was going to cry because he didn't know the person. Awww...no tears! :(  We took a family trip to Sport Clips, a sports themed walk-in place. He was so serious when the lady got him all set up in the chair and I thought the tears were about to appear.


They never came and he did an awesome job! He even let her put hair goop in his hair because he wanted it "spikey". He was all smiles when we left and wouldn't let anyone touch his hair. :) We had to skype both sets of grandparents to show off the new do. Now I'm hoping he will let me style it each morning...we'll see.

We did go to frozen yogurt and I think it was more for me than anyone else. Randy didn't get one and Dylan only ate the gummy bears off the top.



No worries! I enjoyed it! Now you'd think that a yogurt would quench my sweet tooth for the day. I thought so too, but at about 8:30pm...it started rearing its ugly head. I now call Randy's car the "getaway car" because he parks it in the driveway. If we need to, one of us can leave the house without opening the garage and potentially waking up a sleeping child. :) I took the getaway car last night and headed to the McD's drive-thru for two sundaes...one for Randy of course. It took all of 10 min. and Randy paused the very important dvr show, Most Eligible Dallas...riviting tv! It was all worth it!

Now, one might say that our "accomplishments" this weekend may not be noteworthy, but I call it quality family time. :) We played, wrestled, organized, issued time-outs, enjoyed naps and took turns sleeping in (until 7:30am). :)

Ava plotting her attack on Dylan's trains...


How should I do this?!




Now that I'm clean Daddy, let's wrestle!
Dylan's been a little needy in mommy time lately. He frequently says, "Pick up my" and wants to take over my lap. So, when it was time to feed Ava today, I included Dylan and he was quite proud. :)


I know working out should have been on the weekend list, but it didn't make it. I did put on the shorts today, but just didn't go. Ooops! We are currently riding out our Sunday watching football and monitoring our fantasy teams...go Brady!!



1 comment:

  1. My boys also like their hair spiky. :) They have their own tub of hair goop and everything. :P

    Does the garage door really wake the kids up? is it that loud? have you tried a noise machine in the kids' room? We use loud fans to drown out any noise while the kids are sleeping. :)

    ReplyDelete