Our Fam

Our Fam

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Change the Mindset

I had to workout today!  I really didn't have any plans/goals for my workout today...I just wanted to get to the gym. So...as I'm folding laundry, Ava wakes up. I drop what I'm doing, switch laundry loads and take off for the gym. I decided that the treadmill was calling my name today. I jumped on and just started running and of course lip syncing to my playlist of songs. This run was different than most. I didn't make a conscious decision to change my mindset, it just showed up. What I mean by this is, I usually feel like I need to run a certain distance within a certain time. I'm a very competitve person which can be good for a workout, but also be stressful. I usually find myself constantly checking my distance and the time to try control my run. Today I just ran to run. I didn't feel the pressure and I wanted to just enjoy my workout. I read in a friend's blog the other day that she wanted to workout for fun instead of training. You know who you are. ;) I didn't make this conscious decision, but I guess the comment hit home. I didn't feel like I was pushing myself the whole time. I also didn't feel like I wanted to die at the end. :) After 30 min. of running I had gone 2.5mi. Not bad for an easy run with a small walk break in the middle. I upped the speed when I felt like it and lowered it when I felt like it. Next up...the stair climer.



These are tough!! I only did 10 min. and I felt worked. :) After a 15min. ab routine I was done and look...

I did alright. :)

I get home and another load of laundry is dry. Now I have 3 loads to fold and 1 load to put away. I'm in the weeds at this point. After a shower and feeding Ava, it is time to get the boy. He went into school "in a bad mood" (Dylan's words), but was full of smiley energy when I picked him up. Whew! Now we just have to get home.

He came home in a decent mood, however, he was feeling a bit destructive. He dumped all of my laundry baskets out on the floor thankfully not touching my folded items. He then got working on his trains.



My scary room!!!

Now both kiddos are napping and it is time for me. I'm on my 2nd cup of coffee because I just like the taste.



As you can see, it is decaf. This is because I don't want Ava to think she gets to go to bed late tonight. :) So now I have to go tackle all of those clothes. Yikes!! Before signing off, let me share some fun pics of our playdate yesterday. With the temperature still over 100 degrees here, it is essential to keep the kiddos busy or they go a little wacky being housebound. :)


Ava was playing a little music then tried to eat the whole thing.

Dylan loved taking care of the baby!!

Katie and Colin

Katie told Neil to put his arm around Dylan. The boys didn't understand and we got this. :)

2 comments:

  1. Yes! That is the main reason why I haven't run outside in forever...I feel like I always have to "beat" myself. I just don't feel like dealing with the competition, so I'm putting running outside on the back burner for now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last picture is so funny - cracked me up! :)

    ReplyDelete