Our Fam

Our Fam

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My workout window...

Today I decided that no matter what time the workout window appeared, I was going to be ready. I recently accepted that even though I may want to workout after I drop Dylan off at school on T,W,& Th, it may not be in the cards for Ava. She has decided to put herself on a pretty regular nap schedule. Falling asleep in Child Watch is not her favorite thing. I understand this. Who wants to nap around strangers in a bouncer that doesn't smell like home? I tried this workout window theory last week, but realized that I needed to be ready to walk out the door before something else pops up. So...today I was ready. I wore my clothes for three hours before it appeared. Then smiley Ava gave me the nod that it was time.

Despite how irregular my workouts have been lately, today was going to be a running day...painful. I am the runner that lip syncs to the songs on my shuffle; rocking out as I run. I figure, this is the best way to get through the run as I find that stride once again. Don't get me wrong, as I'm rocking out I'm also scanning the room watching for the ladies in the purple shirts. These are the Child Watch ladies looking for parents of crying children. It's like they walk into the gym with a dark theme song. If you look around, you see all the potential targets staring at these women hoping it isn't their turn. They used to come after me all the time with Dylan. We had it down to a head nod and I knew my workout was over. Ava has only sent them once. :) After a 5k on the treadmill and ab routine I checked my favorite workout accessory, my Polar watch, and I burned over 500 cal. in 53 min. It felt great! Now my tomato red face was ready to pick up my angel, head home and get ready for my little man.

As the day wore on, we added two playdates to the September calendar and hit up frozen yogurt after dinner with a BOGO coupon. It was a great way to start off the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment