Our Fam

Our Fam

Friday, March 2, 2012

Get On Those Running Shoes!

Tomorrow morning is big...it's my 10K! I picked up my #55 bib and t-shirt...I'm excited!

This is a big deal for me because I've never completed a run longer than a 5K and I really didn't think that I was this kind of runner. ;) I mentioned awhile back, a run in Sacramento where my dad and I will be a team for a half-marathon. Now this isn't until October, but there is some competition amongst family so I need to be ready. This is what got me fired up to be "a runner".

I've been training for this for about 6 weeks now. I'm feeling great and I know tomorrow is going to be a great morning. My buddy got sick :( so I will be doing this one solo. It takes all of 5 minutes to drive to the starting line so it shouldn't be a terribly early morning. You may ask why I don't just walk. Well, I don't want to do an early morning walk by myself AND since 6.1 miles is my max at the moment, no need to add another 4 miles round trip. ;)

I have my clothes laid out, my coffee prepped and my bib on the passenger seat of the car. next time I post, I will be sharing how it all unfolds.


This is how smooth I'm going to look. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment