Our Fam

Our Fam

Friday, March 9, 2012

My Sweet Girl is 1!

Ava's first birthday was today! I can't believe a year has gone by already! I remember going into teach my kinders on this day last year, but having a feeling that Ava would be joining us.
This was taken two days before..
She gave me contractions all morning. At about 12:45pm, I had to pause while reading my kiddos a book because the contractions got a bit more intense. That was the point that I called the doctor and left school a little early. The doc didn't think she was coming that day. He thought I just needed fluids. HA! I was admitted to the hospital at 4pm for those fluids and she was born at 6:17pm. Randy walked into the OR as Ava was being lifted right out of my belly. My mom was speeding from San Diego trying to make it in time.


She has been such an easy baby, but her "baby" days are coming to an end. :( There are some great things about this, but at the same time...she was/is such a cute baby.

She woke up this morning as her happy little self. Her hair is so funny right now because she has a reverse mullet. If I don't tie it up then she has a curtain in front of her eyes. So today I decided to try pigtails. :)

The problem with this is that then I decided she needed to wear matching bows. On any other day, she could have sported plain ponies and it would have been fine, but today was her birthday so I decided to make some bows at 8:30am while drinking my coffee. Crazy I know!

While I was working with the glue gun, Ava was running around and teasing Dylan just enough to have him lose it. It starts very young. Yikes!

We knew we were meeting up with our Friday friends so Dylan wore his backpack for about an hour until we left. I wanted to make sure Ava had a special day even if she wasn't going to remember any of it. :)
 We headed over to our friends' house for some play time at the park then at their house. Ava loved just running around without a care in the world. Dylan was able to play with his friend, David, while also exerting LOTS of energy. Love this!
As always, a good time was had by all! After a nice long nap and trip to get cupcakes, it was time for Ava's celebration.

After dinner, we gave sang Happy Birthday to Ava and gave her the birthday cupcake.

She didn't like how the icing felt on her finger. LOL! We'll see how she does with her cake on Sunday! :)
Next up...gifts!
I just put them in bags to make it easy for her. I think she like the bags more than the toys at first. :)


Daddy, I'm so excited!

Look...I've got a remote control of my own!
The hardest part for Dylan was letting Ava try out her new toys. He wanted to try them all out as if they were his gifts. He asked a couple times if he was getting presents next Friday. Don't worry Dylan, we won't forget your birthday. ;)

We had a pretty good first birthday! Now just wait for the party on Sunday! I'm ready for the madness! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment