Our Fam

Our Fam

Thursday, March 22, 2012

One of Those Days

I went to bed last night ready to have a good productive one-kid morning. Dylan loves school so these days are usually so nice. Well, I should of known we were going to be all over the place today when Ava woke me up at 5am. Yes...that's right, 5am folks. Argh!

Ava has been struggling a bit with her sleep schedule lately due to a growth spurt and cutting molars. Not only is sleeping through the night questionable, but so is the afternoon nap. So when I woke up to the screeching, I wasn't surprised, but bummed that I may not be getting back to sleep. By the time I got to her room, she was silent...so I didn't open the door. No need to disturb right? Well about 25 minutes later, at the point of almost sleep, she goes for round 2. Now I know it is about food. After she guzzled a bottle, I thought I had at least an hour left to sleep.

That was until the bathroom light flipped on at 6:05am because Randy had to go to work early. Really? We don't have a door separating the bathroom from the bedroom so when he wakes up so do I. The scary thing about this early wake up is that Dylan usually follows shortly after. This time he also woke up with a howl. His pull-up leaked so I had to peal off his pj's. I should have known then what kind of day it was going to be, but I was tricked because Dylan then crawled in bed with me and the Disney channel for another 1/2 hour. Awww!

Like every Dylan school day, Ava and I dropped him off then headed to the gym. She isn't a super fan of child watch right now because we took 2 weeks off; forever in toddler time. I left her screaming and hoping that she would find her happy place. Since I had errands to do after the gym and I wanted to wear her out for her afternoon nap, I planned on showering there. Planned is the key word...I walked out with the same bag untouched. Thirty five minutes into a good lifting session, the lady in the purple shirt walked in and gave me the nod. So...I picked up my shower bag and went to retrieve my upset little girl. Again, maybe I should have stopped there. ;)

Target was our next stop. I had all the necessary items for a successful trip...a food pouch, cheerios, a couple small toys and a list in order to be quick. Just because you make a plan doesn't mean it works. Ava decided to squirt her food all over herself twice. You might ask, twice...why did you give it back to her? Well, it was time to eat, it makes her sit still and she's usually better at this. Also, the shirt was already a mess so how much worse could it get right? So now she has a nice orangy-green pattern all over her new shirt.

Let's just say by the time I got to the register, I was carrying a squirmy Ava while pushing a cart full of stuff that included a big plastic bin to hold our St. Paddy's Day party stuff so there really wasn't room for her in the cart anyway. I attempted to change her diaper on the way out and ended up doing WWE with her on the changing table.
The Rolling Pin is a great name for her maneuver!
**Can I just add that when I searched images for "squirmy baby" among other things, this was the best I got! All the pictures were these babies lying perfectly still. Who are these babies?! I didn't get one of these!

Anyway, I was literally holding her down on the table with by forearm while she screamed and wiggled like crazy! I'm sure there were people on the other side of the door wondering what was going on in there.

I know I was pushing it, but I decided that if she slept the 10 minutes it took to get to Fry's, I could put her in the bjorn and tackle the grocery store. I had a list and it wasn't long. She did do well there. :) The reason I include this is because when I got home I realized I forgot to buy three items needed for my chili. Really? I went to two places where I could have bought these items. Argh! I blame it in on the 5am wake-up!

What saved both Ava and my sanity was how damn cute she was even if she was a mess! She did have a clean shirt and two perky ponies before we left. ;)

After I got rid of the shirt, she ran around having such a good time. It was almost like she was saying, "See mom, I wanted to stay home all day!" So...I decided to take a few pics. :)

Our self pic


She then decided to destroy the toy basket. Oh well.

Time to pick up Dylan and I was ready for some quiet naptime. Dylan must have played hard at school today because he was in royal shape when I picked him up. I was deceived for the first 5 minutes with his excited smile. It then turned to tears, frustration and just a hot mess right there in the classroom. I don't think he has ever done this.

At naptime, Ava went right down. Dylan went down with a whole lotta patience on my part. He burst into tears during story time! He was so tired and didn't know what to do with himself. By 1:30pm, I had both kiddos down and boy did I need a break. I literally sat on the couch and stared at the tv while watching the OnDemand version of Smash.

Love that show by the way!

In order to save the afternoon once everyone woke up, we went outside.

He's being a "soccer guy".:)
I intended to get great pics of Ava too, but then she headed towards the rocks...repeatedly. Oh well.

All in all, exhausting and bewildering day. I was productive in some ways, but I was also bewildered at the amount of emotion and the range of that emotion that floated through my house today. I didn't check the moon tonight, but tomorrow is a new day. It is a day at the docs so we'll see how it goes. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment