Our Fam

Our Fam

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Trying to get back to the routine

As you can see, my blog had a facelift! I thought it was time to make it look a little more exciting. :)

So now that all the birthdays are over, it is time to get us back on our regular schedule. Now, don't think that means it will be time to relax because we are just as busy, just in a different way. Randy took the day off yesterday and we had plans to get out and do something as a family. Unfortunately, a migraine had other plans. So, Randy lied on the couch for a little while and it became a stay-at-home in the comfies day.

Dylan is 100% Daddy's Boy right now!
The weather wasn't too great anyway. That means that today really felt like the start of my week.

After all of the wonderful birthday food that I have been gorging on the last week,



the gym was a MUST! I was doing so well until the weeks of celebration began. I did great the first week, but then I think between being tired and having so much sugar around, I just gave in. Now I'm paying for it. ;)

Not only did I have to get back into the routine of the morning workout, but Ava did too. She wasn't so happy with being dropped off at child watch today. That is putting it mildly. I was actually surprised that one of the purple shirts didn't come and get me in the middle of my workout. Knowing that I have a few party lbs to take off, I hit the elliptical. Lately I've been cranking up the resistance so that I have a tough time chatting while working. :) A little morning sweat was a perfect way to start the day!


The morning continued smoothly as I started on all of the housework. There is quite a bit that needs to get done, which sometimes causes me to procrastinate, which just makes it worse. Today I decided to just start with laundry.


I have all week to get this place in order, no need to stress about everything right? :) I really had only two things I HAD to do today...pick up Dylan from school and buy Ava formula. Other than that, I/the kids get to decide what we're doing. ;)

Before picking up Dylan, the minivan rushed off to Costco for Ava's formula. Let me just tell you that Costco needs an express line!! I was behind a family that had a ton of stuff which can be an issue when in a hurry, but this family also didn't speak English very well. I watched every line move faster than the one I was in! Costco currently has a comment kiosk right out front which I plan to go back to. I was in a hurry because I had to pick up Dylan so they escaped my comment card, but not for long. :)

As the day wore on, the kiddos were falling into line. :) I watched a little DVR and folded laundry while they napped. Well, Dylan napped and Ava chatted away in her crib. I've got two kids with the gift of gab. Where do they get this from? :)

I would say that we started of the week in a positive way, which is hopefully a sign for the rest of the week. Laundry is done, which should really be a huge celebration. Hmmm...what will Wednesday bring? After the gym, we'll just have to wait and see.

1 comment: