Our Fam

Our Fam

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Where does he get his energy?

I would call this a lazy Saturday because we didn't do much out of the house, but there wasn't a lack of energy in our house! Dylan got up before the sun and Ava got up at 8:30am. Usually on the weekends Randy gets up with Dylan and I get up when Ava gives me the signal. Well, at 6am Dylan watched cartoons on his own. :) I got to sleep until 8am! It felt great so I was sure today was going to be great.

It has been a day of highs and lows. With Dylan's early morning rise, the potential for tantrums greatly increases. He spent all morning with a tremendous amount of energy! He didn't throw any tantrums (yay!), but his energy didn't always lead him to the best choices. Unfortunately for him, some of his choices sent him to time-out. :( 

She's fighting back! :)
I decided while Ava was in her morning nap, it was time for the park. I say morning nap, but with her getting up late it wasn't exactly morning. Now the high today was forcasted at 100 degress, but at 11am it was probably high 80's. Most of the parks have a tarp that covers the equipment so it was actually an enjoyable trip to the park. After running around for 30 minutes we went home for lunch. Unfortunately for us, the energy followed us home!

By Dylan's naptime I was so ready! He wore me out! Ava and I took this opportunity for a girls errand excursion. I needed to get out! We scored some good deals at Walgreens and Safeway walking out of Safeway with a nf iced pumpkin spice latte. I decided that it was needed. :)

This afternoon has been better because now Randy is playing with Dylan in a way only dads can do...wrestle! They have been practicing hockey checks, sleeper holds and now Dylan has a "googy" move he uses to get out of it all.

Hopefully he'll sleep in tomorrow after all of this activity.

Ava's sleeping has been all messed up since she got up later than usual. She's got a small temperature, I think due to teething, so she is a bit more fussy than usual. She went down for her afternoon nap at almost 5pm so we'll see what the evening entails.

The lesson of the day...just roll with it and be flexible!

No comments:

Post a Comment