Our Fam

Our Fam

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Cat Will Be Released in 12 Hours!

Today I went on a cleaning binge and it felt great. It all started because our cat, Maxim, will be let out of jail on Thursday. :) Let me explain...

Many weeks ago I posted a blurb about my obese cat that has this pooping issue that I absolutely can't stand!! I've got enough bodily functions to worry about with my two kiddos, I don't need issues with my 7 yr old cat! I am proud to say that he has lost a 1/2 pound bringing him down to 23.5 lbs. :) As a refresher, Max has chosen to poop in our common room only at night. Hate it!! So, after consulting a friend of mine that is a vet then actually taking him to the vet, the conclusion is that he is perfectly healthy, besides the obvious weight, and that his issues are purely behavioral. For all you cat lovers out there you know that this piece of info is almost worse because cats are so stubborn. Anyway, Maxim has been segregated to the bathroom since Friday.


We tried this once before, but just shut him in at night since that is when he does his business. Didn't work! So in order to do this "litterbox retraining" I had to purchase these items...


These aren't on the coupon list. :( After $53 and a week of Maxim howling at night to get out, we only have about 12 hours to go. I vaccummed the entire common room and have sprayed the cleaner (red bottle) over the floor.

I feel ready, but scared. What if he goes back to his old ways? I can't handle this behavior! So cross your fingers that this works!

Maxim may have been the initial motivation, but then the house was just looking so good that I kept finding more chores. I even prepped dinner, Southwestern Turkey Meatloaf, so that I could rest during naptime. It worked! Now I'm catching up on my DVR shows.

So along with the daily happenings of Ava and Dylan, I'm also busy making sure our house runs smoothly. That means kids, cats, hubby and somewhere in there me too. :)

Have a great Wednesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment