Our Fam

Our Fam

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Costume Time!

Today was a fun day. We weren't super busy, but got out to take care of some important business. ;) It did begin at a nice 6am with Dylan checking to see if he could get out of bed yet. I reminded him of our agreement, "if it is dark stay in bed; if it is light then you can get up". Thirty minutes later Ava is letting me know that she wants to get up too.

This wasn't this morning, but a very similar scene. :)
It was light outside so I couldn't be too upset. ;) What is even more important is that she slept through the night!! I do give her a "dream feed" before going to bed to increase the chances of both of us sleeping through the night. :) A "dream feed" is when mom feeds the baby right before she goes to bed. Since I was up late, Ava ate at 11pm. I'm crossing my fingers for a repeat performance tonight.

By 8am everyone has had breakfast, I'm drinking my coffee

and Dylan is running around in the backyard. Even though the high today was 101 degrees (so crazy for the middle of Oct.), the mornings are usually pretty nice. I guess the term "pretty nice" is all relative. :) He is such an outdoor kid! If he could spend the entire day outside he would. This is always a great start. :)

The first event for the day was to hit Party City for Halloween costumes. I think I was more excited about costumes than anyone else. After Ava's morning nap, the fam headed to Party City with a coupon in hand. :) We were going for a Princess Leia and Han Solo costume I saw online. It wasn't "online only", however, our location didn't carry it. :(

We decided to go more bloody this year. I've never done bloody so I'm excited! We decided on this one for the hockey theme, it looked comfortable and I get to do some make-up. :)


My mom is coming out to babysit and we are going to an adult party. Woohoo!

After afternoon naps we headed to the park! Dylan has been wanting to ride his car

and our backyard isn't big enough.

But, when we got there, he played on the equipment and did soooo much running instead. He had the cutest pink cheeks. Unfortunately this was the only picture I was able to take of him and it was at the beginning. I got in trouble. :)
The supervisor! :)
With the energy expelled at the park, our night went smoothly and the kiddos are sleeping. When I was saying good night to him he said, "Mommy, my go to the big park more." So I guess that's going to be our thing for a while. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment