Our Fam

Our Fam

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Moving with the Navy

While at my mom's retirement party in San Diego, I had someone ask, "So how much do you hate all the moving?" I was surprised at first at how she asked the question, but I do know that those not in the military life wonder about that part. So I got to thinking...what do I really think of all of the moving?

You know, I never thought I would say this, but I really don't mind it at all. I have actually enjoyed living in 3 cities over the past 7 years. Honestly! :) First there was Virginia Beach...

then Oahu ...

We lived right up the street from this!
and now Phoenix.


At each spot we added to our family.

Maxim and Chloe
In Kapolei, HI we added Dylan to make a family of 3! :)


Then in Phoenix we added Ava to make us a family of 4!


Not only has our family grown, but I think I've also grown to be a more open and easy-going person because things just change. It's easier to roll with it than to fight the inevitable.

Now Virginia was a bit challenging for me because I had left the bubble of San Diego. Beyond college at U of A, I hadn't lived anywhere else. Let's just say that Virginia Beach was an awakening period for me. Not only in the culture of people, but also what it is truly like to be a part of the Navy. Now I have always resisted the term "Navy Wife" because I felt that I was more than that, but there is definitly a learning and growing period. It took me a little while to figure out how to mix me with the Navy, but I think I've done a good job at it. :)

Lastly, I have met the most wonderful people throughout my travels. Let me just share a few. :)
Virgina...
Jen!
Challey!

Theme parties!!
I don't have any pics from work, but love you ladies!!

Hawaii...
Some of the Waikele ladies!

Wendy and Brandi!
We didn't realize the stranger took a full body shot. :)

Gina & Michael
Arizona...


Some of the moms from our playgroup! Can you tell it is Halloween? :)

Old college friends! Ava is 4 days old!

The kiddos have made friends too!
Moving can be challenging, but the focus should be on all the great things you get to see and do! We have another 1.5 years here then off to new adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment