Our Fam

Our Fam

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Back to Our Routine

Hey folks! It's been a few days since I last posted, but it has been a bit busy. It always takes a while to get back into the groove after being gone. We had such a good time seeing all the grandparents, but we were all ready to get home and get back to our schedule. Ava has always been an awesome sleeper! This includes naps and nighttime, even though she still gets up once to eat at night, however, she had some issues over the weekend. I worried that this week was going to be painful getting our routines back in check. Great news...the kids slid right back in as if we hadn't left! This shows they were ready to be home. :) Now I just have to get the house organized. : /

Yesterday I did a little laundry. I focused more on Ava's morning nap and grocery shopping. It took a bit of time to plan my shopping trip in the morning because I took a week off. :) Well, I spent $46 on over $90 worth of groceries! I then went to Target to pick up the kiddos pictures and pick up a few more items. In total, I got all of this FREE!



The kiddos took pictures the Friday before we left. They were Ava's 6 month shots and I was hoping I could get at least one good one of the two of them together. This is harder than it may sound. :) I chose Target because I like their picture samples, it was 5 minutes from my house and they have a 50% military discount!!! The photographer got Dylan to smile which is a challenge at this stage. :) There are quite a few pics, but I had to share them!


This was a last minute idea by Dylan and I love it!




We originally scheduled the pics for Monday of that week and Ava wasn't crawling then. We cancelled for a super fun playdate. By Friday, when we took the pics, she was crawling and was all over the place!!! We couldn't keep her still! I wonder what Monday's pics would've looked like. :)

Now...today's focus is laundry and working out. So far so good. Ava and I headed to the gym where I got in a really good workout. I ran for 25 min. which ended up being just under 2.5 miles. I got off the treadmill with a bit of a headache which told me I needed to chug that water!! Then I did a series of upper body strength training exercises. Instead of being all planned out, I went with what I felt like doing and got a great workout in. My trusty watch told me I worked out for 55 min. and burned 480 cal. :) When I went to pick up Ava she was sleeping. Good and bad. Good because she was happy and bad because I didn't know if she would sleep anymore when we got home. Hmmm....

It is time to go get the boy! I'm crossing my fingers for a good day. He is transitioning to the 2.5 year old room and it is a slow-going process. I left him with, "Be brave today." Poor child will be hearing my voice in his head his whole life. :)

Have a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment