Our Fam

Our Fam

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Next up...Anaheim!

After spending a fun-filled week with family and friends in San Diego, we drove up to Anaheim Hills this afternoon for a long weekend with Randy's parents.
Now...you may be wondering what we did this week in SD to make it so fun. Well, a lot of hanging around with the kiddos, trips to Target and Golden Spoon frozen yogurt. :) I could honestly go to Target and eat frozen yogurt everyday and be quite happy. Last I shared, we spent a great Monday with our friends from Hawaii! After that SD became cold and rainy which sucked all the energy right out of me. I also didn't pack clothes for that kind of weather and had to root around in my mom's closet for warm sweaters. We went from 102 degrees in Phoenix to about 60 degrees and rainy in SD. Even though I was cold, I have to say I'm ready for Phoenix to welcome that kind of weather. Go away heat!!

We ventured to my mom's school, even though she retired last week, to watch them receive an award. Out of 10,000 elementary schools in CA, my mom's school won the top Presidental Fitness Award. They were given $10,000 to go towards equipment and fitness programs. Schools need this so much!

Of course mom wanted us to come to show off the fam. Not really me as much as the kids. :)

Yes, Dylan is wearing the jacket to his Halloween costume...the pilot jacket. :)
Friday was party day! First, I took the kiddos to a friends' house for a playdate. I've known mom and dad, Kristin and Brian, since high school and our kids are about the same age. Dylan was the only boy this time, but he always loves being around girls. This may not be so cute when he is older. ;) It took him awhile to warm up, but we all had a great time!
It's time to sing!
I love this table! It is the brainchild of dad, Brian, and his dad, Grandpa. It holds butcher paper! I'm going to task Randy and his dad to make one for us!



After naptime we all got ready to celebrate my mom's retirement! Her friends and my dad planned a party at our next door neighbors' house.


We have been good friends with the neighbors for as long as I can remember. When the dads replaced the fence many years ago, they added a door to connect the backyards. :) We had such a good time eating good food, drinking cocktails (not as much for me) and chatting with close friends. I don't know if Dylan was the healthiest of eaters that night. I kept seeing him swipe candy corns and potato chips. :) I was the youngest by far, but I have known most of the families for a very long time.

The kiddos were a hit! Typically at a party like this, I would be running around tending to kids the whole time. What was so nice about this party is that everyone wanted to play with Dylan and/or hold Ava. Wonderful!

Pa!
This meant that I got to eat and even have multiple conversations. I usually take more pictures, but I think I was just enjoying the freedom. :) Randy also flew into SD and was able to join the party. Dylan was so excited to see him! Then, my little ham of a Dylan decided to welcome everyone at the party during "speech time". He was up on the bank overlooking the party when he raised his hand and said hi to the whole crowd. Of course everyone laughed and thought he was so cute because most have grandchildren of their own . :) Ava was put to bed a tad bit late and Randy happily set up shop on the couch while she slept. Dylan and I spent a bit longer at the party until he started showing signs of giving in. He actually told me he was ready for bed. Amazing! He fell asleep before I was done reading him his book which was around 9pm. I'm usually a stickler on bedtimes, but Dylan is a social butterfly and I knew he wasn't going to go to bed with a party going on next door. :) Now that most of my family was comfy, I returned to the party once again to just enjoy myself. By this point there were few families left, but ones I really enjoy. Next thing I knew it was 10:30pm, which is way past my bedtime! :)

This morning Pa made waffles

then we played a little more,


cleaned up the clutter and headed to Oma and Opa's house. It should be a fun weekend! Randy and I even get to go out without kids! That is always the best part of a grandparent visit. I think by the time we get home I'm going to feel like we've been gone forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment