Our Fam

Our Fam

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Two days down...

It's been a fun trip so far. The San Diego Zoo was a BIG hit! Dylan loves the animals and Ava just hangs out. :)

We met our Hawaii friends at 10am


then off we went to oooo and aaahhh at all of the animals.  One of the main reasons for my coming out here this week was because my teaching partner and good friend, Wendy, from Hawaii was making a visit with her family. It's hard seeing friends living so far away now so I had to take advantage of this opportunity. We were barely into our animal viewing when Dylan had already worked Grammy into carrying him. :)

This was a viewing hold. :)
Despite Dylan's love of animals, I think this helicopter may have been his favorite!


The weather was perfect so the animals were out doing their thing. Ava didn't nap as well as I had hoped so by lunchtime, she had something to say about it. Everyone took their turn holding her


and she finally gave in for a nap as we climbed the HUGE hill back to the front of the zoo. If you've been there, you know what I'm talking about. :) My hammies are actually sore from pushing the stroller up the incline. Great workout!

We weren't even out of the parking lot and the kids were already asleep. To prolong this nap as much as possible and consume our caffeine for the afternoon, Mom and I hit Starbucks. Yummy! I love Fall at Starbucks because it is Pumpkin Spice Latte season.

Our fun continued into dinnertime because our friends came over for dinner. Wendy has 2 boys (K & 2nd grades) who did a great job playing with Dylan. Wendy and I got to chat it up while the boys ran around and her hubs supervised. :) Hawaiian treats were also brought and I think I'm most excited for the sushi rice flavoring. I'm sure most of you may not understand how good this rice is, but it was my favorite part of a bento (box lunch). I can't wait to get home and make it!  Visiting with my friends made me miss Hawaii! Randy and I are hoping to return in a future move. Crossing my fingers!


With yesterday being so much fun, we were all exhausted today! I thought we would get out of the house today and I guess you can say we did, but it was only for about an hour to Target. Ava took a morning nap that lasted almost 3 hours! Great for the morning, but made the afternoon nap a challenge. Dylan tried to avoid his nap, but I told him he couldn't play his new Candy Land  game unless he slept first. :) While he slept, Mom and I went through her closet and got rid of a bunch of clothes!


I LOVE doing this type of stuff! She needed some serious organization! Clothes were today, shoes will be tomorrow.

After nap Dylan had only one thing on his mind...


It was fun teaching him how to play his first game!

Hopefully tonight I can catch up on my sleep. I'm nursing a glass of wine right now to help with the relaxation process. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment