Our Fam

Our Fam

Monday, October 17, 2011

Hyped Up From Couponing!

This morning was the best couponing yet! I started prepping for my shopping trips on Saturday because I discovered Commissaries.com. For those of you that shop at a commissary (military grocery store) you have to check out this website. It lists everything that is on sale in the store! Before this discovery I had always wished for that knowledge so that I could really get the best deal. Here it is!! So after filtering through that enormous list and adding items that we need for the next two weeks, I had a large list! I then got really organized and put it in a spreadsheet with the cost, coupon amount and total so I knew what to expect.

There is a back side. :)
You may think this is the end, but oh no...I then moved to the Fry's circular and Target web coupons. I finished up my lists, yes more than one, this morning. :)

The plan was to go to three stores and I was able to hit two of them while Dylan was at school. I knew I was shopping at Target for groceries because our Target just added that section so they are running deals. I also had a catalina coupon requiring me to spend $25 to save $3. In addition, I had a $15 gift card that I had won on a sweepstake spin I did online. My list wasn't solid going in because I didn't really know what I would find so I had a calculator to make sure I hit $25. I also had my coupons of course. This is my envelope that I always keep my lists and coupons I am planning on using inside.


This way I don't have to always go to the binder. Are you ready to see what I bought?!

I only paid $11.10!! That's a 82% savings! To make it even better, I got a $5 gift card back for buying to Curel products. I was so excited that I sent this picture to both Randy and my mom to brag. They are great cheerleaders. :)
Fry's was next, but I really wanted Ava to nap first! Unfortunately her knew skill of standing, which is very exciting, has taken over her desire to nap.

So by noon I decided we were heading for Fry's because she needed some assitance in getting to sleep...the car. :)

My Fry's trip was pretty planned out, but I had to make some adjustments when some of the items weren't available and I discovered a few more things on sale. The target here was spend $35 and save $5 on fresh or frozen beef. This is before coupons. I also had two $8 Cover Girl coupons that were going to give me an overage so I had "extra" money. It was another fun and very successful trip.

This one cost $21.90 and I saved 76%! You can't see the detergent very well, but yes...this includes a bottle of Tide. Again, I sent this picture to my cheerleaders so they could share in the excitement. I actually called my mom on the way out of the parking lot. :)

So the grand total for today is $148.52 worth of groceries, but only spent $33 plus a $5 Target card. Love it! I do still need to go to the commissary and I will take care of that tomorrow. It's harder to get my savings percentage up on that one because the groceries are already discounted between 40-45%. So, if I save 30% there I'm feeling good. I usually go twice a month to stock up on some essentials. Tomorrow I'm stocking up on cereal. All the boxes I'm buying are $2 then I have a coupon as well as snacks that are sale and ground turkey. I don't do this much every week, it just worked out this way this week.

I mentioned in a previous post that I have a second account to park away my coupon savings. So, for the dollar amount on that coupon, I get to save that amount in another account. For example, today I found Pampers wipes for $1.99, but I had a $.50 coupon that doubles to $1. I got the wipes for $.99, but I only get $.50 in my account. Today, I got to add $76 to my account making it over $500! Woot woot! I really have fun couponing because it feels like a game and I love shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment