Our Fam

Our Fam

Friday, November 25, 2011

Two Days!!!

I hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving! We had a great day together...just the four of us. Initially I had planned on getting a lot of packing done since Kauai is right around the corner, but I found other things to do. :)

That's my bow making station. :) Without a big cooking day, I got to spread out! I didn't just make some cute bows, I also went to Walgreens for a laundry detergent deal...buy 1 at 6.99 and get 2 free. Of course I had a coupon and my favorite shopper...Dylan. We also hit the grocery store for our rotissere chicken. Only Randy and I were eating this special meal so no turkey this year.

After everyone except me got their nap, we ended up at our favorite place...the park.

"I'm ready to go!"

Feelin' content

He was very proud he made it to the top.

Playing catch
As I mentioned a while back, we bought an iPad. Love it! Dylan now calls it his iPad. This statement is partly true because we bought it when we did to entertain him on the plane. Each night we put it up so that Dylan can't get to it before we're up to "help" out. Well, apparently I didn't do a good job with this the other night because when Randy came out to the front room in the morning he witnessed Dylan watching the Disney channel and listening to Dr. Dre. :) I don't think Dre's lyrics are appropriate for a 2 year old. ;) So if Dylan starts calling his friends "bitches", we're in trouble. :) We are now looking to see if we can create a music file just for Dylan so that he can turn on his tunes. He loves music and breaks out some great moves while he dances.

With our Kauai trip fast approaching, I am soooo focused on this plane ride. I feel like packing for the week is the easy part. I'm so committed to an easy flight that I even waited in a ridiculous Best Buy line (30 min.) for this special Crayola pen that lets you color pictures on the iPad. I got the last one!



Now 30 minutes may not sound too long for black Friday, but when it is our 5th store (2nd Best Buy), 12pm and I have both kiddos no daddy...it is LONG! We were worn out! I did get the last one though! I hope he loves it! Was I crazy to do all this shopping? To be honest, Dylan is at his best when we are running errands. He LOVES being out of the house and busy. Ava slept for a lot of it so we were great until THAT Best Buy. Survival at its best! :) I know you're wondering where all this planning is going. Wanna see?



Now these are just the surprises! I will also have the many snacks for the pickiest eater I know. Dylan also has all of the "must-haves". He will have a backpack, Randy will have a backpack and I will have a diaper bag as well as an additional bag. We are traveling heavy, but happy. :)

As I said earlier, the flight is my focus, but that doesn't mean I can forget about 10 days in paradise. So...to make sure I get all those little things, I have a bag that I keep on the counter where I just put things in it as I remember. Look at the bow making station pic and it's the Hawaiian bag in the corner. :) This bag includes things like vitamins and chargers of all kinds. :)

The goal for today is getting the kiddos packed! This shouldn't take too long since I made a list...of course; however, right now everyone is napping so I'm at a halt. :) Wish me luck on this packing thang!

No comments:

Post a Comment