Our Fam

Our Fam

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Climbing Out of the Mush Pot

Many of you may remember the "mush pot" being the place where trouble-makers went in school when you were growing up. Well, I'm expanding the "mush pot" to mean a place where everything comes together in a pile of...well...mush. So my "mush pot" is the sickness that has taken over my house! It started with Dylan last week getting croup.

Then Randy followed shortly after with a few symptoms which exploded on Tuesday and have kept him in bed every since. Lastly, Ava woke up on Tuesday with the beginnings of croup. We have made 4 doctors' appointments in the last week. My house is infested, but thankfully I have been lucky so far...no sickness. :)

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that I'm not sick; however I feel like this last week has been so draining! I was ready to start fresh this week by going to the gym and just getting some needed organization done. I guess I will be saving that for next week. :) I think the last 24 hours have just been the culmination of everything. I've slept on the couch 2 nights in a row in order to get some sleep. Ava puked all over me in the middle of the night last night. I believe the coughing is what caused it, but it is still no fun having a combination of formula, sweet potatoes and chicken all over me, her and the floor. I broke out the Green Machine today

to thoroughly clean up the floor. Ava has been quite whiny, which isn't her normal mood. I know...this is to be expected, but it's still draining.

So...how is Dylan might you ask. Well, he has a slight lingering cough, but other than that he is feeling good. He is definitely in the throws of 2 1/2! I keep reminding myself that this is a stage and it will end. I don't want to rush through him growing up, but I'm REALLY over the difficult part of 2! Now that Dylan is feeling so good, he has decided that he needs to be in charge of everyone in the house. He feels it is his job to tell me what to do. He tells me where to sit, stand, what to eat, how to eat, how to act and anything else he has an opinion about. If I play the quiet card then he repeats himself 50 times!!!

Now, I am a positive person that can usually spin most situations. So in order to lighten the rant I decided to think about all of happy highlights that have occurred the past few days no matter how small. Ready?

* Great Halloween!


* Weather cooled down
* Ava slept from 12am - 6pm last night!

* Halloween candy and lots of it!!
* WINE!!!
* Bought a family iPad and love it! We got a $40 Target gift card for buying it!

Watching helicopter videos
* Dylan cuddles...the iPad and cuddles go together right now. :)
* Got a deal on Halo Sleep Sacks for Ava from Woot! Two for $20.

* Painted my toe nails
* Blueberries


This week is ending and a wonderful weekend is about to start. No plans yet, but if the house can stay healthy than it has to be good. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment