Our Fam

Our Fam

Saturday, November 12, 2011

It's Been 6 Years!!

Saturday, November 12, 2005 was the day I officially became Erin Krekeler. That day was so much fun; I wish I could do it all over again! I was given advice from friends that your wedding day goes by so fast so try to just take it in and enjoy it. Well said and I did exactly that. So before showing off all sorts of wedding pics, let's jump back a bit on how I met this hubby of mine. :)

In Aug. 2003 I moved into a house on Oliver St. in Pacific Beach with my friend Jennie.

We lived on the right and Randy lived with two friends on the left.
We had no idea that getting this awesome rental was going to change my life. :) Randy lived with 2 guys and all of them were Navy helicopter pilots. The five of us neighbors quickly became really good friends and we hung out everyday.
That is an elephant trunk on my head. The roommate, Ryan, had a chicken beak.
Jennie, Dave, Me and Randy...where's Ryan?
A couple months after moving in, Randy asked me out. Our first date was the Navy Ball...more specifically, just the helicopter pilots. They are a rowdy bunch!

That started our 8 years together. :) Now at this point, Randy already knew he was stationed in Norfolk, VA next so as we continued to date I knew that I was going to have to make a tough choice. Was I really going to move across the country? Yep!

Here's a few pics in the dating years...



Randy proposed February 1, 2005 :) then left March 25th for a deployment. :( While he was gone, I planned our super fun wedding with some help from my mom and my longtime friend, Marissa.

Before our actual wedding day, there is a tradition on my dad's side of the family...a golf tournament, the Nuptial Open 9! The first one was when my parents were married over 30 years ago. So, of course we had to continue the tradition. Our foursome was Randy and I with our dads.

We didn't win, but I did win longest drive for the ladies!

This was the winning team!
Aunt Susan, Uncle Dennis, Murph, and Uncle Bill
November 12th came quick and I was so excited! No tears, no nerves; just a big grin.



 We got married outside overlooking the Torrey Pines Golf Course. Then partied it up!


After partaking in many tequila shots, Randy got on the dance floor!
The guys sang You"ve Lost That Loving Feeling. I think it was the Navy pilot influence.
What a fun day! 

Since then, Randy and I have lived in three states, purchased two houses and have had two kiddos. We have had a lot of fun so far with many more years to come. 

Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment