Our Fam

Our Fam

Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Turning Point

My mindset was ready for a smooth day. It was more like one of those exercise ropes that when give it a tug, it sends a large ripple down the rope.

My mantra today was ...BREATHE. I'd like to say that I did a good job with my "reminders" from yesterday, but I reacted...Dylan is good at getting me to react. It's that redhead Irish in me darn-it. A little Facetime with Grammy on the iPad helped us to reset and we started the afternoon fresh.

Dylan has been napping for almost 2 hours now. Yay! Good nap! What was even better than this nap is that he went down without a fight today. Woohoo! We did talk a lot today about how nap was going to look. He earned his soccer ball back for a great afternoon and will be earning a truck back after this nap. Along with the toys, Dylan LOVES frozen yogurt. I actually think he loves the gummy worms on top more than the yogurt. :)

Since frozen yogurt is one of my favs too, I dangled this little carrot in front of him. So...not only is he getting his truck back, but we get to go to frozen yogurt! I'm hoping this is our turning point and tomorrow will be a day full of earning back toys. :)

Moving on from kiddos, I have really had fun getting the mail the last two days!


I sign up for free items all the time and I also email companies whose products I regularly use to hopefully get samples or coupons. This energy earned me these items in the mail! It's just fun to get free stuff!

The other exciting item brewing in our home is our future trip to Kauai!!! My parents purchased a timeshare at the Mariott resort, Waiohai,  on Poipu Beach about 7-8 years ago.

I have been able to go almost every year. Now the years we were living on Oahu were the easiest, but we would only come over for a long weekend instead of the full week. Well, this year the fam is flying out for a 10 day vacation!!! We are so excited! I made the rental car reservation yesterday...we're doing the minivan. :) I've also begun stocking up on airplane goodies for Dylan. I need a bundle for the ride over and the ride back. We do have a direct flight over which is great, but it is still about 7 hours. Yikes! I'm loving the $1 area at Target! :) Overall, Dylan is a really good flyer. Ava has only flown once so we'll see how this one goes. All of the prep is worth 10 days on the beach! We can't wait!

The boy just woke up and he's happy! This is going to be a great afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment