Our Fam

Our Fam

Friday, November 4, 2011

Friday Fun Day!

Today I woke up and decided that it was going to be a fun day. In order to do this I needed to keep us busy. I started the day with frozen waffles and coffee in order to set the tone. :)

Since Dylan loves to be outside, our first stop today was going to be the park. I tried to get some friends to join us, but Friday is a busy day. We ended up at Falcon Park.

This is one of my favorites because the bathroom is right by the playground, there is a large grass area and the tables are covered...not to mention it is 5 min. away. Dylan was so excited to go that he walked around with his backpack for about 1/2 hour before we left. Inside the backpack was a soccer ball, Cars bouncy ball, and mini-basket ball. We spent 2 hours there and he ran off all of that energy...woohoo! Ava slept for part of it then just hung out...Ava style. :) We also met some nice mommies there that we may see again. First part of the day...success!

Next stop...CVS. This wasn't as much fun as normal because I forgot my list. I'm usually an uber-planner when it comes to CVS. I love the extra bucks! Well, I got a few items and saved 88% which is great, but I planned on leaving with more product. My biggest deal was two Lumene facial products for $5. :)


Oh well...I guess I'll have to go back tomorrow. :) We were able to use a cart that looked like a car which is wonderful for us! Everytime I stopped to look at something, Dylan would jump out and "fix" the car. Somehow he got grease on his face so it looked quite authentic. :)

***Side bar: I searched for a picture of this cart and found this ridiculous discussion about how many kids you need to bring with you in order to use it otherwise you're considered rude. Seriously...it's a shopping cart. Here's the link http://community.babycenter.com/post/a21534923/cool_car_grocery_carts

Both kiddos napped at the same time! Enough said. :)

Dylan and I enjoyed some time together while Ava slept until 5pm...yes that late. All in all, everything just fell into place today. It was wonderful. Randy had a late night at work so by the time he got home I had two happy kids fed, pj's on, house cleaned and ready for daddy. A few helicopter videos on the iPad with Randy

and Dylan was ready for bed. Ava crashed at 7pm...right on time.

Today felt like a normal day as well as a very good day. I guess you have to hit your absolute peak of patience to be rewarded. :) I hope all of you had a good Friday too!

No comments:

Post a Comment