Our Fam

Our Fam

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Loving the Music!

The theme today is music! I decided that while I was charging full-force on the elliptical this morning. Let me explain. :)

Dylan decided that this morning was going to start very early...5:30am. Despite his training of waking up quietly, this morning wasn't one of the model mornings. Needless to say everyone was out of bed by 6am even though I tried to prolong it. Maxim greeted this morning with a present...argh!!!! We are currently working with Dylan on how to love on Ava gently so that he doesn't knock her over, irritate her or squeeze the life out of her. He did all of these this morning so boy was I glad that today was a school day. :)

The gym was calling my name all morning!


Because of the early rise, I didn't make it to the gym until after Ava's morning nap. It ended up being perfect because she was so happy at Child Watch today. Yippee! The lunges did kick my butt yesterday and I was feeling it this morning. I can't let that stop me though, I'm going to be in a bathing suit in 11 days!

Poipu, Kauai!
So, I hopped on the elliptical,

set it to the random hill workout, hiked up the resistance then hit play on my shuffle. Yes...I charged it this time. :) Ceelo started singing and I found myself smiling. I just felt great that I was there. I was ready to work out the angst and listen to my music friends. I rocked it on the elliptical with a little Ceelo, Lady Gaga, Pink and LMFAO to mention a few! I had so much...umph in me that after the first two songs I had already hit 1 mile. At 15min, I was at 2 miles. Really? Well I guess when my speed is between 8.5 to 9 the whole time...you cover lots of distance. :)

As you may imagine, I felt quite good when I was finished. I then did an upper body workout and found that the energy was still there. I wish I had my watch! I burned so many calories today! I just know it! Rounded off the workout with some fantastic stretching. It reminded me of my dancing days. :) With the endorphins sprinting through me, I decided that today was going to be about music because it just makes me smile. Singing feels good even if it doesn't sound good...in my case anyway. ;) I also decided that I'm in need of a playlist entitled "Kicks A**". This is for those special times where your turbo kicks in and you find energy you didn't know you had. :)

I had 1 1/2 hours left before picking up the boy so I headed to Hobby Lobby for some ribbon.

So many choices! Ok...so it's not Xmas, but I love it. :)
On the way there I decided I wanted to chat with someone that makes me happy. I ended up catching up with my brother Nick

and one of my longtime friends Marissa.


Finished off the 1-child morning with a quick shower

I only had 20 min. and this is what Ava did during that time. :)
then off to pick up Dylan. Sang in the car. Remember...it's music day. :)

Now it's naptime and I'm watching Ellen because her dancing makes me happy. It's the little things. :) So...we'll see if I can convince Dylan to go to Child Watch tomorrow. I may not be walking very well by then because I'm already stiff from this morning. :) Soreness brings results...again, thinking of my dancing days.

What's your favorite workout song?

No comments:

Post a Comment