Our Fam

Our Fam

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The Mommy Trap

I was dropping Dylan off at school yesterday morning and had kind of an "ah-ha" moment when I saw my reflection in the window. Now granted, it was about 7:30am but let me just share the mom look I had going on. I was wearing baggy comfy pants, a hoody, flip flops and hair in a pony. I looked lovely. Can you hear the sarcasm? ;)   I was rocking UA Wilcat gear so I should get some points for that one.

It's one thing to just have those days, but it is quite another for that look to become the norm. I always said that kids wouldn't take away my ability to dress myself and look like a normal person. When I was working, I just looked so put together...most days :)

So today I decided that I was taking back control. I dropped Dylan off this morning wearing a ponytail, but also in a cute gym outfit. I figured if I got up and dressed for the gym, I would have more of a chance of actually making it there. :) I came home had breakfast, coffee and got Ava all set to go. Yes...all of this did take about an hour, but I was checking her into child watch at 8:45am. Woohoo! I've been almost dreaming of the gym for the past couple of weeks now.

The funny thing is that along with the relief of finally getting to workout, I was also reminded of how long it has actually been since I showed up. My favorite workout accessory, the polar watch, had a dead battery!

This is obviously an old pic. :(
I'm addicted to that thing and it was not showing up for the workout. I get on the treadmill ready to run and guess what else is dead....my shuffle!
Are you kidding? Besides water, those are my staples for working out and neither are ready. That just showed me it had been too long, but I'm so glad that I'm back on the horse. :)

Now the workout itself was tough! This isn't because I did anything really difficult, it was more that my body got lazy. So after 30 min. on the treadmill and a lower body strength training workout that consisted of lunges holding 5 pound weights (ok, these were not fun), I picked up Ava and off we went to begin our day. It felt so good! I'm going back tomorrow!

We then hit Fry's for an awesome couponing trip where I saved $96...67%. Ava passed out in the bjorn so we were killing two birds with one stone...naptime and groceries. :)

Before picking up Dylan, I needed to get myself showered and looking normal. It felt so good showing up in an actual outfit with makeup on. I haven't used the blow dryer in a while so that should be my next goal. :) I've decided that in order to not fall into the mommy trap, I need to get myself ready in the morning even if I'm spending most of the day at home. I completely understand all those mommies on What Not to Wear.:)
Ava just got up from her nap so it is time to go. The plan tomorrow is similar to today, but instead of groceries, I want to go to Hobby Lobby for some ribbon. It's time for Xmas bows!

No comments:

Post a Comment