Our Fam

Our Fam

Thursday, February 9, 2012

No Excuses!

So this morning I felt like I really showed my commitment to the healthier me. Frankly, I was pretty proud of myself!

Randy's car was leaking some kind of fluid so he needed to drop his car off to get serviced in the morning. This meant that I had to figure out how to fit in a workout in between dropping Dylan off at school, taking care of Randy's car needs and doing it before Ava's morning nap at 9:30am. A couple months ago I probably would have used the excuse that "it just didn't work this morning". Instead, I found a way to make it work! :)


I dropped Dylan off at school a little earlier then headed straight to the gym with Ava. I had 45 minutes for a workout before having to pick Randy up at the car place and drive him to a recruiting station to pick up a government car, which he would be driving to work. And all of this before 9:30am! I have to admit that I felt great after all the busyness because I didn't give up my workout morning. Yay me!

I had been planning on today being a running day; maybe 4.5 miles, however, I felt like I needed more out of my 45 minutes.


I also wasn't sure I could run 4.5 miles in 45 minutes. That is a little fast for me right now! So my new and improved workout started with a one mile warm-up run on the treadmill. Once I had my sweat on, I decided to lift focusing on my lower body. You know the rear, thigh, and hip area that peeks over the jeans? ;)

Not me!
So I headed over to the leg press that always does well in beginning a lifting session.

This is a 2-in-1 for me because after each leg press set, I do a set of calf raises on the same machine. Next I moved over to the barbells to add some weight to my lunges. Yes, the dreaded lunges followed by squats. My squats are more of a dancer plie while holding a 25lb weight.
Dancers have great fannies and this is why. :) Next up...a little focus on the hammies then inner and outer thighs ending with two sets of a one minute planks. Whew! Done and on time!

Unfortunately with all of this positive energy flowing, when I walked into Child Watch to pick up Ava...she was screaming. Poor girl is not feeling well at all! I thought we had conquered the worst of it yesterday, but that little bug just won't go away. So, Ava and I spent the rest of the morning playing around on the floor. No nap. :(

Even though I have a sick little one, we are having a great day! I conquered the gym, Ava is 11 months old today and Dylan has shown me his sweeter side. All is right in the world today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment