Our Fam

Our Fam

Saturday, February 18, 2012

My Mommy Night

It is a rare moment nowadays to have a night to myself. Not that I don't love my family, but the alone time just feels so refreshing.

The original plan for tonight was that I was going to meet up with some of my mommy friends for a wonderful night-in with wine and yummy food. Then Randy came upon some free tickets to the Coyotes hockey game. This was a great opportunity for the first of many father-son hockey games. Dylan was SO excited! I decided to give up the mommy group night for a quiet night at home.

You may ask, what about Ava? Well, her afternoon nap went late so we had about 2 hours together before it was time for her to go to bed. Regardless of how long she naps, she always goes to bed at 7pm. If I'm even a little late at putting her down, she whines. So we had some nice girl time. I turned on the radio and began singing and dancing for her.

Add caption
 I didn't feel like cooking so it was an easy dinner...

 For both of us...
I LOVE frozen yogurt and decided that since the boys weren't here, it was going to be my dinner. :)
We also picked up some wine. :)

Ok...I know the number of bottles looks a little extreme for one night, but I had to buy six bottles for my $25 rebate. The special ended today and it had to be certain brands of wine. The only kind I've tried is the Mirassou, but there are very few wines I do not like. :)

Ava and I played around a little more after dinner then it was her bedtime. As always, she went down very easily. :)

Now I sit in my awesome St. Paddy's Day pants

with a glass of the Mirassou Pinot Noir and watching Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 1. Since I don't get to the movies very often, I always catch these movies a little later than everyone else. ;)

I hope everyone else is enjoying their Saturday night as much as I am! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment