Our Fam

Our Fam

Friday, February 10, 2012

Great day with a messy ending

She puked all over me! That is how my evening ended today.

We actually had a pretty great day today! Unfortunately, Ava woke up with a temp. of 101 so it looked like the doctor was a must today. No matter what I do, I just can't keep that temperature down. We had plans for a playdate at Dylan's friend's house. The boys go to school together and get along so well and us mommies have fun together too! It's a good match. :) I needed to take Ava to the doc, but I was bummed that it was going to effect Dylan's fun because he REALLY needed a friend to play with today. Well, when I shared our situation with Billie, my mommy friend, she suggested I drop Dylan off to play while we go to the doc then come over when we're done. I LOVED this idea! Not only was Dylan going to get to play, but the doctor visit is so much easier with one. :)

The diagnosis for Ava...double ear infection! No wonder her temp wasn't going anywhere! The hope is that the meds for her ear infection will also clear out the congestion and get rid of the cough. Cross your fingers.

When I got to the playdate, the boys were having a great time! Our little fivesome (Dylan, Ava, David and the 2 mommies) began hanging out regularly a couple of weeks ago. I wish it hadn't taken us so long because we are a great group! We stayed until almost 1:30pm because time kind of got away from us. Next time I'm bringing my camera!

Naps were awesome and the moods when waking up were also wonderful! Randy got home early from work which I always enjoy. So we were set up for an awesome night. Then....da da da da...the dark cloud comes over after dinner.

I was on the phone talking with our tenant in VA regarding the repair issues and the change in property managers. My poor little girl is coughing up a storm so I pick her up to pat her back. Next thing I know, she throws up all over me! Not just a small throw up you might think a baby would do, but an enormous amount of liquid that soaks my tank and my pants from the knee up. I put the tenant on hold until Ran could grab Ava. Then as I'm finishing up our conversation, I'm stripping off wet clothing in the kitchen. I then have to take a wet paper towel to wipe down my skin. Soooo gross! By the time I hang up the phone, I'm in my bra and underwear with sticky skin and a happy little girl. She feels great now that all that junk is out of her! The things that happen with a sick child. Lordy! From that point on, it was obvious that Ava was ready for bed. I followed her lead and down she went.
This is how she sleeps. :)

Thankfully everyone is asleep and I can relax. Great day with a messy ending, but anything is possible with little ones right?! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment