Our Fam

Our Fam

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Weekend is here!

So before I go into the Easter picinic we went to today, I feel need to give an update on the key search. For those of you who follow me on Facebook, you know that they vanished Wed. night/Thurs. morning. I have looked everywhere and honestly...I'm stumped! My keys have been gone for three days now! I will be scouring every nook and cranny of this house before the weekend is over. I'm convinced that Ava may have helped the keys run away, but I won't give her the blame until I figure out where they are!

Now onto more fun events. :) This morning we met up with some of our favorite families for an Easter picnic. We did this for the first time last year and it was such a hit that we knew it had to be a reoccuring event. We changed the location this year because Walton Park was already busy with another party. Our alternate location was near a friend's house in the same neighborhood. This park was smaller, but perfect for our group! We also had it all to ourselves, which is always nice with little ones.

I had Ava wear her Easter dress that Grammy made for her. It is so cute!!


I didn't buy anything special for Dylan to wear because I tried that on his birthday and he refused to wear it. So, for now, Dylan chooses his own outfits.

Every family brought 12 filled eggs per child (of their own) so that we can do an egg hunt. Since we have two age groups...2-3+ years old and 6mo - just over a year, we created two areas for hunting. :) The big kids went first...


He's excited I promise! :)

Our friend David. LOL!


So serious!
Going through the eggs.

Randy teaching Dylan how to eat melty chocolate. :)
then the younger sibs took a crack at it. Ava and her friend Brooke are the only walkers in the young group. Once Ava understood what was happening, she got into it. Her friend Brooke helped her to fill her basket. :)




Then we tried a group shot with all of the kiddos. :)

Along with an egg hunt, we have to include food. ;) We had a grill cooking up hot dogs, chicken and burgers as well as all the yummy sides and desserts nearby. Nobody left hungry! Dylan had a great time running around on the grass and playing on the playground.


He even took off his shirt, his new thing, because he was getting hot. Ava was quite happy wandering around then going back to her eggs to eat the goodies.

Ava is visiting one of her little friends, Crew. She loves all of the babies!


I tried to get a family picture, but Dylan refused to be in the picture. Oh well, we'll try tomorrow. :)

After a fun afternoon, the final test is...can we get them down to nap easily? YES! Both were out within 30 minutes of getting home. All in all...so much fun! Thanks friends for another successful family afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment