Our Fam

Our Fam

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Running on Little Sleep

This morning I got a nice wake-up scream from Ava at 6am. Up until she got sick last week, she would sleep through the night with a wake-up time of about 7:30 or later. Absolutely wonderful right?! Well, a little sickness bug got into our house and messed up our beautiful sleep schedule. It took a week to get Ava sleeping through the night again and now she gives the "Mommy come get me NOW!" scream when it is still dark outside. Ouch! Winter in AZ means the sun doesn't rise until almost 7:30am so 6am feels even earlier! I did wait until 6:30am just to see if she might decide to fall back asleep. No luck.

I think Dylan has this sensor in him that tells him when someone is up in the front room. I'm giving Ava her bottle while sitting in my favorite glider  in the dark, and my little guy comes down the hallway wearing his Lightning McQueen slippers looking for a little company.
Dylan wouldn't let me take a picture of him wearing them. I'll get it eventually. :)

We are officially up!

Now my tiredness this morning isn't all because the early morning wake up call. Randy and I were catching up on our favorite Showtime show OnDemand. This weekend is free Showtime weekend so we have to take advantage since we don't get the channel regularly. What show might you ask...Californication.

Now if you haven't seen this series, let me run you through a checklist to see if this show is for you. :)
* Does cursing and/or inappropriate language bother you?
* Do sexual innuendos and/or graphic scenes make you uncomfortable?
* Does watching a character with a complete lack of moral compass bother you?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions then I recommend you NEVER watch this show. Sometimes my jaw drops at what this show can get away with, but all things considered...we think it is funny. It takes a lot for me to get offended from a tv show.

Now, that being said...Randy and I stayed up until after midnight finishing up the season. He leaves for a work trip on Sunday afternoon so we needed to get a lot of watching in. By about 12:45am, we finally shut the lights off for sleepy time. Then, about 30 minutes later I hear these little footsteps enter my room. Dylan wants to sleep in our bed. It is very rare that we say yes because no one sleeps well when we're all in the same bed. So after spending 20 minutes in his bed, I finally get back to my bed to finally sleep at almost 1:30am. Does the 6am scream sound early now? That's how I felt. Guess who is still in bed after 8am? The hubs owes me tomorrow morning!!!! (He got up before posting this)

Even though it started early, the beauty of this morning is that everyone is getting along! Woohoo! Dylan has so much love for his sis that many times it comes out a bit aggressive. He wants to wrestle which includes rolling on top of her, putting her in a headlock and sometimes insisting she sniffs the carpet. She's a pretty good sport for a little while then the shrieking begins.
This is an older picture, but a good example of what happens all day long. 

:)

So this morning, Dylan is sharing so nicely and being gentle which makes for such a nice morning. This is why I'm able to jump on my blog for a little bit. :) After an enjoyable cup of coffee, I'm actually not feeling as tired as I should for only 4 1/2 hours of sleep. Maybe I'm just used to it. :)

On the plan today:
* Either a workout at the gym or a run outside.
* Continue to us my new favorite app, My Fitness Pal, to help me keep track of my food.
* A shower! :)
* Playtime with kiddos...maybe we'll head to the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment