Our Fam

Our Fam

Thursday, January 26, 2012

First step to sanity...the gym

The gym saved my sanity today! Let me give you a little history.

First off, this is a PMS week. You ladies know what I mean. Second, late on Tuesday I got a call from our property manager in VA. This is never good. Our dishwasher leaked and basically flooded half the kitchen including damage to the flooring, cabinets and carpet on the other side of the bar area. Now I'm dealing with our insurance company and getting the issue fixed. To top it off, Dylan has been up to his antics since last night around dinner time. I was praying that a bottle of wine would show up at my door, but it didn't. :( As I walked my screaming child back to bed I mentioned to Ran that a margarita would taste really good right about now. When I came back, it was waiting for me on the counter.
Nice! I really wanted to go to the gym last night, but I was so exhausted physically and emotionally that I gave into the alcohol instead.

This brings me to today. The little man woke up at 7am in a great mood. I let my guard down thinking that we were going to have a great morning before school. Then the switch flipped! We didn't get to school until 8:30am (30 min. later than normal) because there were issues. I did everything in my power not to lose it and was successful. Needless to say I NEEDED the gym!

I hopped on the elliptical and went full speed ahead!

In the first 15 min. of my workout I found myself spinning at an average of 9.5 mph with an occasional 10.0 thrown in at a resistance level 3. The lady next to me even took a couple glances my way. Maybe I looked as crazy as I felt. :) After 35 minutes of pure therapy I had gone almost 5 miles. I wish I ran that fast! I did a little lifting on my chest and back before having to call it quits. I wasn't ready to leave. I probably could've worked out another hour, but Ava wouldn't last that long in child watch so it was time to go.

I did feel better, but a few tears while chatting with my mom also helped. :) Time to kick this day in the booty! I did chat with the contractor repairing the kitchen and we're looking good.


It looks scary I know, but at least we are on the mend. My Amex card is smoking, but everything is getting fixed. I ordered some makeup from Sephora.com and used my gift cards. Always fun! My order of new undies from Maidenform.com showed up today. Of course I got them on sale. That's fun too! Dylan came home on edge, but I turned him and he went down for nap as my sweet boy. :)

Lastly, tomorrow my moms group comes over for a playdate which is always fun! I've decided that it is hug day tomorrow. Everyone is getting one when they come into my house. Not only do I need one, but every mom out there could use a hug. So...if you are one of those moms and reading this, get excited. ;)

The gym was the initial therapy, but a little shopping and good conversation always helps too. Now I have to do a little cleaning for the friends tomorrow. :) Adios amigos!

P.S. The man woke up right before posting. He may need some assistance in finding his happy place. :)

1 comment:

  1. I find that these things help with my sanity: gym time, adult conversation, and nap time! Good for you for not losing it, especially during PMS week!! You deserve an extra margarita for that one. ;)

    ReplyDelete