Our Fam

Our Fam

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

It's Moving Time!

It's been awhile since I've posted! We've gotten so busy in the last two months!

In May, we visited a lot of family! The kids and I drove to San Diego then flew to Sacramento the next day to visit my grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. Randy met us up there for the weekend. Then we flew back to San Diego for a week of fun while Randy went back to work in Phoenix. Boo for him. During this week of fun, Randy called with news about orders. We finally got them! We're headed for Washington DC for sure! From that point on, it has just been crazy!

Now, generally, the Navy will write orders that have Randy leave his current command one month (July) then show up to the new command the following month (Aug).  Now this is the Navy, so change is to be expected. These orders didn't go that way. Instead, he was ordered to both leave Phx and arrive in DC in July. That means we had about 5 weeks to get everything together. Included in this 5 weeks is a week in DC to look for a new house. Not much time to move a family.

Last week Randy and I went to DC to look for our new home! The Friday before we left, the kids and I went to Randy's farewell lunch then checked out the office. :)


My parents came into town to take care of the kiddos while we were gone. This was the first trip Randy and I have taken together since Dylan was born so I was excited for us and nervous for the kids. My mom did such a great job prepping for such an important and difficult job. She planned crafts, activities and special outings in order to keep they're little minds preoccupied. Before leaving, I began calling this event, "Camp Grammy and Pa"! I forgot my camera (I can't believe it because I'm always good with the camera) so I have only a few pictures to share. :)

We took a red-eye on Sunday night and had breakfast in Boston during our layover.


Mom sent this to us. They were off to the pool!
Our "date night" meaning we dressed up and went to a nice restaurant. :)

Randy's favorite...steak and lobster at Smith & Wollensky
We also found a great house in the city of Alexandria, but in Fairfax County. Yay!!! We saw so many scary ones before finding this one! Randy is only six miles from work meaning public transportation may be doable for work, which is awesome!


We got back on Friday night and today was our first day with the packers! I spent all day yesterday getting organized for today. There were toys everywhere! I feel like I did a pretty good job getting it all grouped up...cars together, sports stuff together, little pieces that go together, etc. I also packed up the food for the 5 day road trip, clothes for both kids for two weeks (we may be waiting on the moving truck), kitchen items that we'll need, bedding...you get the idea. Ava's room turned into the "do not pack" room plus her crib for now. :) This is what our living room/toy room looked like when we went to bed.


Packers came at 8am and got right to work! This is what the place looked like at 12:30pm.


Ava was helping. :)


This is what it looks like now!




They will be returning on Thursday (they're off for the holiday) to finish up. They only have our master and the kitchen left. They got so much done!

Dylan and Ava think all this moving stuff is exciting. Dylan has a whole scenario going on in his head that he is packing up boxes, taping them up and labeling them. So cute!

Stay tuned with more moving adventures! Happy Fourth of July!!

No comments:

Post a Comment