Our Fam

Our Fam

Sunday, December 18, 2011

I Made the Leap

I'm a proud mama driving my new Odyssey! I've made the leap from sedan to the minivan. For as long as I can remember, I've always made fun of the minivan. Maybe it's because when I was growing up, it felt like every parent had either the Dodge Caravan or Ford Aerostar. Randy's dad had one the Aerostar! :)


Now, my parents went for the tan VW Vanagon.


This isn't a pic of my mom's van, but it looks just like it!
Different yes, but they sold it when I was in 3rd grade so I really don't remember that much about it. Needless to say, I think all the mom vans of my younger years tainted me.

Before having kids, I said I would be the SUV mom. As I got deeper and deeper into this mom thing, my perception of the van began to change, although I still didn't think I was going to jump on to "Team Minivan". Maybe my practical side was coming out. :)  The important mama lesson that I have been reminded of is, when it comes to kiddos...you can predict nothing! I had no idea that having two kiddos and all the equipment that comes with them would make me long for the extra space and ease that only a van can provide.

It really was the rental of the Chrysler Town & Country in Kauai that completely changed my thinking. I am now the VERY proud owner of my wonder swaggin' wagon! Now I know Toyota uses that phrase for the Sienna, but I think it should be used for all us mamas that feel like we just stepped out of college and are still pretty awesome. :) My swaggin' wagon is gently used and in my opinion, it is absolutely awesome! Would you like to see the new wheels?





 See how the stroller is just a speck in the trunk? That used to fill almost my entire trunk in the Accord.


Built in sunshade on both sides. :) I don't know how much it is blocking in this picture, but it's there. :)

As you can see I'm excited about the Odyssey! It drives like my Accord, but loving the space and automatic doors. Who knows what I will choose to drive 10 years from now, but I've learned my lesson...don't make judgements until I get there. :)

2 comments:

  1. Can you believe how much has changed since the Sylvan days?! I thought I'd never get the min-V either, but never say never! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Back then I was driving my two-door integra. This is just a little bigger. ;)

    ReplyDelete