Our Fam

Our Fam

Friday, December 16, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy

We've been busy! I feel like there is always about 50 things I need to get done. As I go about my day I find myself mentally writing a blog entry. The problem is finding the time to actually get it all out.  So this post has a lot of different things going on. :)

Now that we're back from the vacay and don't have plans for more trips, I feel excited to get into a nice groove.  It is time for me to really get back on my health kick. I've been dabbling in it for the last few months, but after the recent trip to Kauai it has become very apparent that it is time. I was in a pretty good place with my weight until I decided to stop nursing Ava. I continued to eat like I was nursing, but bottle fed her. Mistake! Seven pounds crept up without my knowing it! There were some shirts that got a little snug, but I didn't think anything of it. Then, Randy and I weighed ourselves the day before we left for Kauai...surprise! By the time I got back from vacay, I was 10 pounds up. I can get back in shape, no doubt. I just have to stay committed. I lost 15 pounds and 6 inches around the waist after I had Dylan.


Christmas '09
 This is the picture that lit the fire last time. What was I thinking wearing a tight shirt?! I wanted to get to my fight weight, but got preggo with Ava. I'm in better shape now than with Dylan so by summer I should be kicking some ass!

I started this new focus on Tuesday. I'm kicking up the intensity of the cardio and adding lots of strength training. I've even changed the machines I'm using; more plates, free weights and cables. As I was going through my workouts this week, I got honest with myself. I know how to get in shape. I know a wide variety of workouts. I just need to do it! Well, here I go. The trick is scheduling with the kiddos, but I'm determined to make it work!

Along with working out, my other big exciting change is that we are shopping for a mini van. Yes, that's right...I'm going to be a mini van mom. I NEVER thought I would say this, but now the shoe is going in the mouth. We rented a mini in Kauai where both Randy and I fell in love with it. I NEED the space. So...now we're car shopping. I want an Odyssey and we can't get it brand new so here comes the work.

Ava and I went car shopping on Thursday. We test drove 2 different minis. I didn't love both of them, but did certify that this will be my next car. We're doing some more shopping this weekend. I'll keep you posted!

Last, but not least...my kiddos! Ava slept through the night for the first time last night! WOOHOO! This is huge because it brings a whole new possibility of sleep and energy. :) So with that energy today, we went to a playdate with a xmas cookie, stocking-making, jammie theme. We had such a great time! It was loud! Not a place for someone that doesn't like noise. :) We had 8 two/three-year olds, 3 almost toddlers and 3 babies.


There were more kiddos, but with all of the mommies taking pics I couldn't back up far enough. :)

I love this one!
Lots of kiddos, noise, fun and Christmas craft mess. It was awesome! What's so nice about this group, is that we all watch out for eachother so we help out with all of the kids. The kiddos are so used to getting together that most of them feel comfortable going up to any adult in the room. Ava just cruised around playing with whoever was around or chewing on whatever she could find.

Super easy! Dylan and I worked together cutting out Christmas cookies and designing a stocking.




I checked out some pictures from today on a friend's blog and learned something important. I need to invest in some crewneck shirts. While bending over helping Dylan with his crafts, everyone could see right down the shirt. Oops! Lesson learned. :)

So I know...everything sound great huh? Well, with a couple of hours of fun and sugar comes the dreaded drive home without the kids falling asleep. I failed! So instead of a 1:30pm nap for Dylan and 2:30 for Ava, it took an extra hour and Dylan had a tough time falling asleep. Once out though, he slept until 5:15pm! I started making noise at 4:45 then I flipped on the hall light at 5pm. Finally I sent Ava in and we both woke him up. He's a bit of a dragon when I have to do this. Ava wakes up as happy as can be...Dylan is a dragon. We must have wore him out though, he asked to go to bed at 7:30pm. Please oh please sleep until at least 6:30am!

It has been a busy week, but we're getting things done. Maybe there will come a day I feel caught up. Maybe not, but I can wish right? :) Wish me luck on the van shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment